Friday, October 21, 2011

What I do...and what I really do.

It's the age old question that goes something like this, "So, what do you do?" My response used to be graphic designer...then graphic and web designer...then graphic/web/user interface/user experience designer and coder. Or perhaps I design everything from logos, lettersets and brochures to websites, annual reports and billboards. While true, I feel these titles only encompass the technical side of what I do.

What I really do is communicate and solve problems. I am the liaison between my client and the world. I take the piles of information given to me by my clients and distill it down to a clear message. I blend form with function to ensure each piece is as effective as it is visually striking. Much like a musical conductor, I bring all the different pieces into a harmonious final product which directly connects with an individual's emotions.

So what do you think my title should be and what do you do...and what do you really do? Leave me a comment, I would love to know!

No comments: