Friday, February 1, 2008

Recycled Plastic Bag


I have recently started to learn how to knit, so I was checking out some of the products on Etsy (a handmade marketplace) and came across these fun bags. The artist collects bags from recycle bins, friends and families and turns them into these colorful reusable bags. What a great way to recycle old bags! I usually try to find at least one more use for my plastic bags before I throw them out, but this way you can use those bags again and again (and take it to the grocery store so you don't collect more).

I don't know if I'll ever attempt knitting with plastic–yarn is challenge enough for me right now. But you can check out the whole line of bags here.

I also just found directions on how to make your own bags on the DIY Network. View the instructions.

1 comment:

downtownlb said...

hey I can teach you how to make those bags. I have made several in my day. They are really quire easy