Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Yearly Reflections

It wouldn't be a new year if we didn't take the time to reflect on the past and set new goals for our future. Not long ago I made a list of what I wanted out of my design career to make it as fulfilling as possible. I noticed the items fell into four different themes and I rewrote the list as follows:
  1. I want to create, innovate and experiment
  2. I want to inspire, teach and give back
  3. I want to challenge myself, continually learn new things and rise to the next level
  4. I want to increase my self-confidence, work with good clients and receive recognition for my work

What I like about this is it is not only a list of goals to work toward in 2008, but a mantra that will ring true for the rest of my career. Happy new year and good luck to all of you in accomplishing your own goals.

No comments: