Thursday, January 10, 2008

Feel Good Design: Chie Mihara Shoes


Okay, so not all design can change the world. However I think if something makes your life better, even just by making you happier to look at it, it's worth noting. I love design that has a little vintage mixed in modern sensibilities. These shoes by Chie Mihara are divine and if I had a few extra hundred dollars lying around, I would definitely be tempted. You can find the shoes at Gravity Pope, Saks and other fine retailers.She also has a line of handbags. I especially like her design philosophy:
"She likes to create things that have something to communicate, a feeling or a state of mind. She greatly admires the work of artisans who create to give life. That’s what she wants to do… give a little happiness with her creations."

2 comments:

Lolly said...

Another place that carries a great selection of Chie Mihara styles is Ped Shoes (http://www.pedshoes.com). What I like about Ped is how every package from them comes wrapped with a ribbon and includes a personal note. Plus, when I've called with questions, they've been so nice and responsive. Good customer service is worth its weight in gold!

Keith L. Jennings said...

Perfect shoes, really appreciating. You are looking so calm and natural with this look and fashion. You are such a pretty girl, I love your trend. Color patterns and designs are different and unique. Your effort is really worthy.
Here is n information to share about shoes, click below.
womens denim shoes